krupuk

Kita semua mencari... Looking for something in life. Bahkan saat kita sudah menemukannya, kita masih tetap mencari. This is the blog of my searching...

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Darwin's Nightmare

Two days ago I watched a film in French Film Festival at TIM. Le Cauchemar de Darwin or Darwin's Nightmare is a documentary about people of Lake Victoria, the second largest lake in the world, located in Tanzania. I was shocked and I believe it changed my perspective on Europe for good. Don't realize how one continent can cause real damage to other continent. It reminds me of what has been happening in Papua, in my own country. But why it took me a documentary about a country far far away from me to make the connection? I don't know. Maybe because it's easier for us to sympathy for something with such distance from us than the thing close to or within us.

It is indeed a nightmare for everybody. And I think I will shake the hands of the director if I ever come across him someday. Maybe not in Europe since I don't think I will ever go back there. Just to congratulate him of what his documentary capable of, at least for me. Hope I'm not the only one...

lulu, MP Book Point, 14.25 pm, June 3rd 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home