krupuk

Kita semua mencari... Looking for something in life. Bahkan saat kita sudah menemukannya, kita masih tetap mencari. This is the blog of my searching...

Friday, June 05, 2015

The Indonesian Short Film Guardian

When I first enter the film world, I literally knew nothing about it so I had to just 'learning by doing'. My first work was organising a film festival and it became what I do for a living up till now. And at the same time I discovered my passion towards short film. As I worked and organised short film festivals, it's hard not to meet Gotot Prakosa. He was like the guardian of the Indonesian short film, especially animation. Well, actually he was an all around filmmaker, from animation, documentary to fiction and most of all, experimental. He teach animation, wrote film books, painted lots of painting, organised film festival, making films. He even done lots of work that crossed in between film, theatre play, painting, music and art performance.

As my first home in film was the film community, Gotot Prakosa was the closest to a mentor for me in the Indonesian short film scene. We were not really close but our love for the cinema has always turned our path to cross every now and then. And that was his legacy to me. If all his life he could survive 4 strokes and keep on teaching, writing, film making, doing all film related activities, I should keep on moving until the end.

Thank you for your work and huge contribution to the Indonesian cinema...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home