krupuk

Kita semua mencari... Looking for something in life. Bahkan saat kita sudah menemukannya, kita masih tetap mencari. This is the blog of my searching...

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Short Trip to Bali

I was scheduling lots of meeting for this week when I found out that I could come to Bali with Beng. So there I was, packing things in a rush and re-scheduling everything before flying away to Sanur, Bali.

It is hard for me to take a real vacation, something I never done for years and years. When I did some travelings, it's always about doing some projects and in between stealing some time to relax. But now, I payed for everything myself, something I never done. A vacation is a luxurous thing for me, I guess. Too many things to be done and so little time to do it.

Now, on the third day, I realize that I should try to calm down. Whatever important things out there could wait for 3 days postpone. I should not plan my day here and just go with the flow. Amazing how such a tiny change can re-charge your life...

The tsunami in West Java and earthquake in Sudirman street Jakarta yesterday were the only things that influenced my guilty feeling being here far from it. But many believes, Bali would be next since it is facing directly to the South Sea. I don't know, I hope not. Sanur is still very quiet comparing to Kuta after the second Bali Bomb, everything from hotels to gift shops and restaurants, the income is droping into 60%. Imagine how welcoming they are to me, a local tourist, whom usually comes second after the foreigner tourist.

Meet some nice environment activies here in Hotel Santai/Fair Trade Outlet of PPLH Bali. They really give me hope that all the wrong things in Indonesia are actually being corrected step by step by their humble activities. For me, they are the lights in this dark universe.

lulu, Fair Trade Outlet Sanur, 11.44 WITA, July 19, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home