krupuk

Kita semua mencari... Looking for something in life. Bahkan saat kita sudah menemukannya, kita masih tetap mencari. This is the blog of my searching...

Friday, August 11, 2006

People I've met part 1

Watching Sawung Jabo's music concert last Saturday at TIM Jakarta. It was quiet an experience. It's been a long time since I watched him perform. I always in touch with his direct-true lyrics. He's not as famous as the living legend Iwan Fals although they share the same stage with SWAMI a few years ago. But there's something about his song, his personality and his social awareness. Some kind of magic.

I've known him for years now. He's easy to get to know, very down to earth and if you meet him off stage, you'll never guest that he's a well known musician. Somehow we worked together a few days after the step down of Soeharto back in 1998. It's a music concert show celebrating the reformation through arts called BONGKAR. We managed to get funds, free sound system, lighting, video cameras, etc. to held a three days music concert filled with so many musicians who were volunterary join in. It's still my biggest pride to be part of this historical events in a important role during my music life era. Sawung Jabo took a leading man position and I was his back up in coordinating the crew, the program, the food, etc. He is now living in Australia with his lovely wife Susan Piper but always come back and forth to Indonesia. So I was honour when he came to my wedding day and sang 2 songs last January.

I managed to be in Jogja, the next city after Jakarta's concert. But since I am here for the Jogja Netpac-Asian Film Festival, I have to skip the concert for the festival. I was there during his GR and met him in Taman Budaya Yogya. I feel like meeting someone I've known for whole of my life, as if we're family...

lulu, Bintang Net, Jogja, 11.32, August 10, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home