krupuk

Kita semua mencari... Looking for something in life. Bahkan saat kita sudah menemukannya, kita masih tetap mencari. This is the blog of my searching...

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Connection Between the Busway and the Flood

It's been almost no rain and hot these last two days in Jakarta. I was wandering through out the city by public bus last night. There's a new line of busway, where you should get in and out at certain spot that is off limits to traffic jam. But since there are only 8 busses for this long and winding line, it takes so much time to get into one. I'd rather taking the smaller bus, which might probably be hot or full or life risking with the way they drive. But it's always my way of remembering how similar I am with other people. The sense of togetherness is always part of our lives, the Indonesian.

Somehow the busway is like trying to get the same sense with the higher class of the Jakartan. They can pay almost double ticket price and should not lose their parfume smell in the crowded bus when they arrive in the office. So the bus with clean atmospheric and full AC inside, would be perfect for their daily life. That's why the Jakarta's governor built so many new busway lines through out Jakarta (which cost traffic jam all over the city since it taken one line off the street). The longest line in the world, he said. And almost all of them were flooded last week, so the busway is off for a few days. But at least the small station spots gave shelter to the flood victims, away from their flooded house. Like I said, it's the clean atmospheric that counts

Just me with my not-so-important comment about the new busway line in front of my road.

lulu, at home, 11.53 wib, February 13, 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home