krupuk

Kita semua mencari... Looking for something in life. Bahkan saat kita sudah menemukannya, kita masih tetap mencari. This is the blog of my searching...

Saturday, June 06, 2015

My Heroine in TV Series

It's no secret that although I am a movie buff, I'm actually a TV Junkie since I was little. I even learned to understand English through watching the Star Trek TV Series back in the 70's, even before I could really read the Bahasa Indonesia subtitles. I tend to forget about the rest of the world when I watch this magic box. I think that's how I could be even more focus watching film in the cinema. So by the 90's, it's a custom for me to guess correctly the production year of a movie by simply paying attention to details, like the music score, the actor/actress, the way the story was told, the way the film was made, etc. So it's no wonder how the TV Shows has a huge impact on me, even until now.


In the 90's there's this TV Show that I used to watch called Sisters, it's about 4 sisters life and how they overcome their daily life problem. One of the actress became my favourite, Sela Ward, as this character, Teddy, who's the bohemian one. The one scene that was stuck in my mind was when one of the sister is thinking about committed suicide and Teddy told her sister, that she was also once thought about committed suicide a few years back. The reason why she didn't do it is because she catch a good movie in TV and decided to watch it first. After the movie was over, there's another good movie starts, she decided to watch it and keep on doing it movies after movies. She ended up not go through with the suicide. "There's always be a good movie come along, just like in life," that's what she said more or less. Now I could still catch her  as Jo in the TV Series CSI NY, whose work is driven by her empathy for the victim who also adopted a little girl who is the daughter of convicted junkie.


I also love Dana Delany who is now becoming the leading role in the TV Series Body of Proof as a forensic doctor. She used to work as surgeon doctor who lost a patient during the surgery she performed, it forced her to become a forensic doctor being as a single mother. I saw her first in China Beach, a TV Series about the nurse working in a hospital during the Vietnam war in 60's. But you may knew her as the lunatic Katherine from the Desperate Housewife. There's something about the way she make her statement in any character she played, it's always effortless and gracefully sassy. She always choose to play in a character who is bold no matter how difficult the under pressure situation the character is in.


Another heroine I love is Gillian Anderson who I first discovered in the cult TV Series X-Files. I like how her character as Agent Scully is totally logic and believe in the fact as the extreme opposite of Agent Fox, something that was not the stereotype like many duo man-woman leading roles TV Series during that time. When I saw her again in both Hannibal and The Fall TV Series, I soon discovered how she has this smart and magnetic coolness in every role she played. You may catch her again during the upcoming reboot of the X-Files series scheduled release in 2016.


The new character that I love is Jessica King (played by Amy Price-Francis) in King TV Series from Canada. As the leading role is the cop boss who juggling in between her busy work as a detective of major crime and a wife of a gamble addict patrol police with another sergeant co-worker under her who was once have a short affair with her. I love how her character remain really chic with high heels and a feminine posture with assertive gesture.

To sum it up, I could say that I love a strong-driven character women leading role in TV Series, but mainly those who could remain their own persona in bringing the character alive. These characters have live and inspiring me the most as my TV Series heroine.


at home, 6 June 2015, 11:44 am



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home